Over 450 local events are held each year at golf clubs all over Australia, with winners progressing to Regional Finals held at some of Australia’s premier golf courses.
Each team at the Regional Final teams up with their PGA Club Professional with the winners progressing to the Holden Scramble Championship Final at Twin Waters Golf Club on the Sunshine Coast.
The Championship Final is the golfing experience of a lifetime, with four days of golf, social activities and the opportunity to play with a PGA Tour Professional, such as Rod Pampling, Stuart Appleby or Peter O’Malley, in the final round.
- Teams ambrose event played under the Holden Scramble Elimination Style Format
- Teams of four (4) eligible amateurs
- All players must have a official Golf Australia Handicap
The number of local event participants determines the number of teams which qualify through to the Regional Final.
Below is the breakdown of this information:
- A minimum of 36 participants to send one team (Women’s Only Event)
- A minimum of 48 participants to send one team
- A minimum of 108 participants to send two teams
- A minimum of 160 participants to send three teams
- A minimum of 212 participants to send four teams
A PGA Club Professional joins each qualifying team to form a five-person team that will compete at a leading course around Australia*
- The winning team from each Regional Final qualifies to attend the Championship Final
*Once a player has qualified for a Regional Final he/she is no longer eligible to compete for prizes or regional qualification at another local event
The national level of the Holden Scramble offers Regional Final winning teams the chance of a lifetime – to play with a leading PGA Tour Professional at Novotel Twin Waters Resort & Twin Waters Golf Club, one of Australia’s premier golf resorts, set up in full tournament conditions PGA Tour Professionals who played with teams at the 2016 Holden Scramble Championship Final:
- Adam Blyth (AUS)
- Deyan Lawson (AUS)
- Jarrod Lyle (AUS)
- Ashley Hall (AUS)
- Rhein Gibson (AUS)
- Daniel Fox (AUS)
- Ryan Lynch (AUS)
- Michael Wright (AUS)
- James Nitties (AUS)
- Dimitrios Papadatos (AUS)
- Daniel Popovic (AUS)
- Anthony Summers (AUS)
- Lincoln Tighe (AUS)
- Scott Laycock (AUS)
- Jordan Zunic (AUS)
The Championship Final is approved for payment of expenses Rule 4-2g/GA/5/2017-18
*It is every player’s responsibility to make themselves aware of all Rules, Policies and Eligibility for the Holden Scramble. Note: Special rules apply for teams that have competed at previous Championship/National Finals.